lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vincent Le Maout <vincent.lema...@lingway.com>
Subject Re: Boosting SpanQueries
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 09:04:55 GMT
Hi,

I met this problem a few months ago : trying to boost some words in
SpanQuery seems
to have no effect, which was confirmed by looking at the source code (no
reference to
boost in the scoring methods, at least as far as lucene 1.4.3 is
concerned, correct me if
I am wrong). So my first question was, is that a bug or a feature ? if
it is a feature is there
a way to implement something  as boosting allowing to enhance the score
of documents
containing a particular word of a span query ?

Thanks.
Regards.

Vince