lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: SF.net search system
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:01:50 GMT
Chris Conrad wrote:
> We're using the StandardAnalyzer.  We are having very strange  problems
> and I haven't been able to track them down.  I know that the
> SourceForge Enterprise Edition team at VA has also seen the same kind
> of problem (i.e. search terms returning no results when there seem to
> be matches).

You may want to use Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke) to see the details
of your index. You should be able to find documents by using a simple
term query on the Documents tab, and then move on to the Search tab and
see how your more complex queries are being rewritten.

It's also possible that some of the hits fall below the threshold of the
default HitCollector.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><