lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Westfall" <dwestf...@TradelineInc.com>
Subject Analyzer or QueryParser problem?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:53:34 GMT
I am working on a business directory app.

As you would expect, some companies have unusual names.

My first problem is the company with title: "GM:Systems"

I indexed the title field as a text field with the English
standardAnalyzer. Searching on "GM Systems" will turn it up, but
searching on "GM:Systems" or "GMSystems" will not. Since I'm using the
same analyzer for indexing and for searching, on the same text,
shouldn't it turn up? I'm searching using the MultiFieldQueryParser.

Any input appreciated, as always. :)

Derek