lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Westfall" <>
Subject RE: Searching for similar documents
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:44:48 GMT
Okay, I figured out how to use JAR, extracted all the files from
lucene-1.4.3.jar, added the MoreLikeThis classes in the appropriate
folder, recreated and replaced the JAR. Since Lucene is my first
exposure to Java I am pretty proud of myself at this point.

The only thing that still wasn't working was the setFieldNames function,
so I just set it to NULL in the .java code, recompiled and recreated the
.jar and now it is working! And doing a good job, too!

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher []
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: Searching for similar documents

On Jul 20, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Derek Westfall wrote:
> I hope you will forgive the newbie question but do I have to add the
> MoreLikeThis.class file to the Lucene-1.4.3.JAR for it to work?
> I put the .class file in my \wwwroot\web-inf\classes folder

If you put it in the right package directory under WEB-INF/classes then
it should work (provided all the dependencies it has are in WEB-
INF/lib, which may just be the Lucene JAR file).  The package is, so it should go in WEB-INF/classes/
org/apache/lucene/search/similar.  I recommend you put this under your
webapps WEB-INF/classes directory, not in a common directory to your

>     mlt = CreateObject("java", "MoreLikeThis"); // <---- this is the
> line that causes the error

You should use

To unsubscribe, e-mail: