lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Westfall" <dwestf...@TradelineInc.com>
Subject RE: Searching for similar documents
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:47:35 GMT
I hope you will forgive the newbie question but do I have to add the
MoreLikeThis.class file to the Lucene-1.4.3.JAR for it to work?

I put the .class file in my \wwwroot\web-inf\classes folder and I am
getting an error I don't understand when trying to instantiate the
object from Cold Fusion. I also added the .class to a .jar and put it in
\lib to no avail. I don't know if this is a CF problem or a Java
problem.

CF Error: Object Instantiation Exception.
An exception occurred when instantiating a java object. The cause of
this exception was that: MoreLikeThis (wrong name:
org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis).

<cfscript>
	index="\\www\lucene\myindex";
	// get an IndexReader object to use in the constructor to the
searcher var
	indexReader = CreateObject("java",
"org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader");

	// get an IndexSearcher object
	searcher = CreateObject("java",
"org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher");
	searcher = searcher.init(indexReader.open(index));

	// get an Analyzer object
	analyzer = CreateObject("java",
"org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer");
	analyzer.init();

	mlt = CreateObject("java", "MoreLikeThis"); // <---- this is the
line that causes the error
	mlt=mlt.init(indexReader);

	// [ I have also tried 	mlt = CreateObject("java",
"org.apache.lucene.search.similar.MoreLikeThis");]

 	target = "test of the similarity feature";

 	query = mlt.like( target);
	hits = CreateObject("java", "org.apache.lucene.search.Hits");
	hits = searcher.search(query);
 </cfscript>