lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Conrad <ccon...@vasoftware.com>
Subject Re: SF.net search system
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:24:09 GMT
Hi David,

On Jun 29, 2005, at 4:25 PM, David Spencer wrote:

> Chris Conrad wrote:
>
>> I know I've been asked before for a description of how
>> SourceForge.net is using Lucene.  I wrote a blog entry about it
>> and  thought people might be interested in seeing at a high level
>> how it  was designed.  Take a look at http://blog.dev.sf.net.  Any
>> comments  are welcome.
>>

> Thanks for the writeup and nice to see that you guys are using Lucene.
>
> It would be interesting to know what Analyzer you're using, and as
> your blog entry says you're having some wierd problem, well, I
> suspect the most common source of strange Lucene behavior is that
> the "wrong" Analyzer is used.

We're using the StandardAnalyzer.  We are having very strange
problems and I haven't been able to track them down.  I know that the
SourceForge Enterprise Edition team at VA has also seen the same kind
of problem (i.e. search terms returning no results when there seem to
be matches).

> Also, out of curiosity: what's the peak load the search system gets?

We don't really measure peak load accurately but if you watch the
query log it's scrolling constantly.  I would guess that we peak at
5-7 queries per second but don't quote me on it.