lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Hughes" <>
Subject Keyword Searches don't seem to be working.
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:32:22 GMT

I have a process which indexes several hundred documents.  As a part of the
indexing process I've been adding keywords for the document's path on disk
and it's URL.

The indexing process seems to work fine.  When I look at my index using Luke
I see 1875 documents in the index and 25162 terms.  I can also browse though
all the documents.  As a result, I can see that the fields "path" and "url"
have values for all of these documents and that the values are correct.

Here's an example from the first document:

path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cfdocs\htmldocs\00000001.htm

However, when I search either the path or url fields on this index for those
values I'm not getting any results.  Here's an example:

IndexSearcher searcher = new
IndexSearcher(FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDir, false));

Query q = new TermQuery(new
Term("", "url"));

Hits hits =;

However, after running this query hits.length == 0.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Doug Hughes