lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul D Thakare" <rahul_thak...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: wild card with keyword fileld
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:06:32 GMT

Erik/Ian

 I tried using query.parse(String) did't return any result
 also my query.toString() returns mainboard:keywords  if i give the keyword as mainboard.
pls see the changed code again.

   PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper analyzer = new PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper( new StandardAnalyzer()
);
 analyzer.addAnalyzer( "keywords", new KeywordAnalyzer() );

  QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(line,analyzer);
  qp.setLowercaseWildcardTerms(false);
  Query query = qp.parse("keywords");

  and
  doc.add(Field.Keyword("keywords", "mainboard"));

  please advice if I am doing someting wrong

  regards
  rahul...

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 Erik Hatcher wrote :

>On Jul 20, 2005, at 1:22 AM, Rahul D Thakare wrote:
>

>>Hi Ian,
>>
>>   Yes, I did implement Eric's suggestion last week, but couldn't help.
>
>Also, just to note it.... I did mention the parse(String) method in  the e-mail referenced
below!  :)

>     Erik
>
>>  I am using a demo program from Lucene.jar to test this, let me put  a code here.
>>
>>   doc.add(Field.Keyword("keywords", "MAIN BOARD"));
>>   while indexing
>>
>>and for retrieving
>>
>>  PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper analyzer = new PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper ( new StandardAnalyzer()
);
>>  analyzer.addAnalyzer( "keywords", new KeywordAnalyzer() );
>>
>>/* QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(line,analyzer);
>>   qp.setLowercaseWildcardTerms(false);
>>   Query query = qp.parse(line, "keywords", analyzer);
>>*/
>>  Query query = QueryParser.parse(line, "keywords", analyzer);
>>
>>   you can see Eric's suggestion implemented in commented line.
>>
>>  am I doing something wrong here ? please let me know.
>>
>>   thanks and regards
>>
>>   Rahul Thakare..
>>

>>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 Ian Lea wrote :
>>
>>>Have you tried Erik's suggestion from last week?
>>>http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/ 200507.mbox/% 3cFCE3C9A0-2707-4303-9F33-175015F02EE3@ehatchersolutions.com%3e
>>>
>>>There is certainly some case confusion in your examples there.
>>>Personally, I tend to just lowercase all text on indexing and
>>>searching.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ian.

Also used keywordAnalyzer, but wild card search is  not coming up. Is there anything which
I need to do in addition  or, wild card search is not possible with keyword field.