lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene faster on JDK 1.5?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:21:54 GMT
I don't recall the details, but NIO has been mentioned before, and you
may find something in Bugzilla and in mailing list archives.  From what
I recall, there was a NIO-based lock contribution that was never
integrated, and I think Doug made some experiments/tests with NIO-based
Directory implementation, but if I remember correctly, there was no
significant performance improvement.

Otis