lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Lucene faster on JDK 1.5?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:21:54 GMT
I don't recall the details, but NIO has been mentioned before, and you
may find something in Bugzilla and in mailing list archives.  From what
I recall, there was a NIO-based lock contribution that was never
integrated, and I think Doug made some experiments/tests with NIO-based
Directory implementation, but if I remember correctly, there was no
significant performance improvement.

--- wrote:

> This might be a good time to ask another question. Are there any
> advantages
> to lucene using the java.nio package?
> > Nothing significant, but I've been using 1.5 on
><>(lots of
> > Lucene behind it) for over a year now, and I'm happy with it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message