lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Runtime full text search like in Microsoft Windows Search
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:34:28 GMT
As somebody already said, you can have an in-memory index with
RAMDirectory.  You can also pre-build a Lucene index on that CD - CD is
"static", you can't add/remove/change files on it, so you can build an
index and burn it onto the CD at the same time when you put the Word
files on it.

As for getting the indexable text out of Word and other documents, look
at the code for the Lucene book - http://lucenebook.com - there is a
little framework there, that parses and indexes a number of common file
types.

Otis