lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Hubert <klaus_hub...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:04:12 GMT

From: Ian Lea [mailto:ian.lea@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:19 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer

Something like this?

IndexWriter iw = whatever
ResultSet rs = whatever

while (rs.next()) {
   Document ldoc = new Document();
   ldoc.add(Field.Text("f1", rs.getString("f1"));
   ldoc.add(Field.Unstored("f2", rs.getString("f2"));
   ldoc.add(Field.Keyword("f3", rs.getString("f3"));
   iw.addDocument(ldoc);
}

rs.close();
iw.close();

On the IDE front, most people seem to use Eclipse
nowadays.

--
Ian.

On 13/07/05, Klaus Hubert <klaus_hubert@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I played with several search engines to replace
MySQL FULLTEXT index
> and hope that Lucene is the best solution for that.
>
> I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and
it seems to be the
> most powerful search engine I found so far.
>
> I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you
experts. I managed to
> create an index as described in the examples. I also
managed to read a
> MySQL database in Java.
>
> My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE
example which does
> this in one step. I am good in PHP and in Visual
Basic, but very new
> to Java. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools (NetBeans
IDE and JCreator)
> but I don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index
on 3 database
> fields.
>
> I appreciate any help.
>
> Thank you so much,