lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Hubert <>
Subject RE: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:02:23 GMT
Hi Nader,

I downloaded Eclipse and also the Hibernate plugin and
I really like this
IDE. It seems to have lots of power. What I didn't
found so far is a
Debugger where I can go line by line through the code
to see errors
eventually. It runs and I get error messages at the
line where the problem
arises. But I cannot go step by step as I was used to
when Programming
Visual Basic, PHP or Perl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nader Henein []
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer

Also Hibernate, you can use Eclipse as an IDE, with
the Hibernator plugin to
create objects cleanly from your MySQL database and
then a few lines will
fetch an object which you could then be passed to
Lucene for indexing.

Nader Henein

Klaus Hubert wrote:

>I played with several search engines to replace MySQL
>and hope that Lucene is the best solution for that.
>I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and it
seems to be the
>most powerful search engine I found so far.
>I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you
experts. I managed to
>create an index as described in the examples. I also
managed to read a
>MySQL database in Java.
>My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE
example which does this
>in one step. I am good in PHP and in Visual Basic,
but very new to
>Java. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools (NetBeans IDE
and JCreator) but I
>don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index on 3
database fields.
>I appreciate any help.
>Thank you so much,
>  Klaus
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
protection around
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Nader S. Henein