lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Hubert <klaus_hub...@yahoo.com>
Subject SIMPLE Lucene / MySQL Indexer
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:43:49 GMT
Hi,

I played with several search engines to replace MySQL
FULLTEXT index and hope that Lucene is the best
solution for that.

I am reading Mannings book on Lucene in action and it
seems to be the most powerful search engine I found so
far.

I'm stuck at some problem and need help from you
experts. I managed to create an index as described in
the examples. I also managed to read a MySQL database
in Java.

My question is, if anybody here has some SIMPLE
example which does this in one step. I am good in PHP
and in Visual Basic, but very new to Java. Maybe I'm
using the wrong tools (NetBeans IDE and JCreator) but
I don't get it managed to create an Lucene Index on 3
database fields.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you so much,

  Klaus