lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fellows <chrisfellow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Most Useful Lucene Taglib?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:45:47 GMT
I was following an example in a book that referenced that taglib :) Book's copyrighted 2004
so there may be at least a small user base out there. I finally got the Sandbox version to
work correctly on lucene 1.2. It doesn't work on 1.4.x.

Perhaps it may be an overkill of a taglib, but my familiarity with Lucene dates to only this
weekend. On the other hand there has been a sustained trend to move away from scriptlets.
IS there a strong web client user base of Lucene?

Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
Chris,

Once upon a time there was a taglib area in the Lucene Sandbox, but
that has since been removed since the contributor of it disappeared.

What do you need a Lucene taglib to do? I personally thing such a
taglib is overkill and harder to use than it would be to just code up
the functionality you need directly.

Erik