lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aigner, Thomas" <>
Subject question on filters
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:48:34 GMT
Hi all,

      I am creating a punctuation filter to filter certain punctuation
out of the token stream.  I am getting a "The field t.termText is not
visible" error.  I'm not sure what I would need to include to make this
property visible (I am still new to Lucene and Java for that matter).  I
copied to code from the LowerCaseFilter that Lucene uses and slightly
modified it.

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenFilter;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token;

public class PunctuationFilter extends TokenFilter {

  public PunctuationFilter(TokenStream in) {

  public Token next() throws IOException {

    Token t =;

    if (t == null)

      return null;

    t.termText = t.termText.replaceAll("-","");

    t.termText = t.termText.replaceAll("/","");

    return t;

Thanks all,