lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Boyd <andrew.b...@mindspring.com>
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:02:58 GMT
Hi All,
  When I first started my project I was creating 3 indexes.  Standard, Synonym and SoundsLike.
Now that the QueryParser has the ability to put multiple tokens in one position I no longer
have to inject the synonyms at index creation time.  So I really don't have to have a seperate
index for Synonyms I can just point to my standard index and inject the synonyms into the
query.

That should make adminstration easier.  Along that train of thought it would be nice if I
could have only one index.  That brings me to my question.  When constructing an index only
one anlyzer is allowed.  Do you think it would be better to build 2 indexes and then merge
them or somehow merge the standard tokens with the soundslike tokens at index creating time?

Thanks,

Andrew