lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sven Duzont <sven.duz...@keljob.com>
Subject Re[2]: Index Partitioning ( was Re: Search deadlocking under load)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:02:31 GMT
Hello,

We are already using this design in production for a email job application system.
Each client (company) have an account and may have multiple users
When a new client is created, a new lucene index is automatically created when new job-applications
arrive for this account.
Job applications are in principle owned by users, but some times they can share it with other
users in same account, so the search can be user-independent.
This design works fine for us as the flow of job applications is not the same for different
accounts. There are lucene indices that are more often updated than others.
It also permit us to rebuild one client index without impacting others

We have only one problem : when the index is updated and searched at the same time, the index
may be corrupted and an exception may be thrown by the indexer ("Read past OEF", i unfortunately
don't have the stack trace right now under my hand). I think that it is because the search
and indexation are made in two different java processes. We will rework the routines to lock
the search when an indexation is running and vice versa

--- sven