lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eyal <eyal.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Using QueryParser with a single field
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:10:33 GMT
Hi,

In my client application I allow the user to build a query by selecting a
field from a combobox and entering a value to search by.
I want the user to enter free text queries for each field, but I don't want
to parse it myself so I thought I'd use QueryParser for that. My problem is
that if the user will (for example) select a field called author and enter
the following text: 'John content:MyContent'
QueryParser will build a query for author:John OR content:MyContent. I want
QueryParser to ignore other fields.
Any method in QueryParser to allow that? If not - any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Eyal