lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harini Raghavan" <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Subject OutOfMemory errors while indexing large documents
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:30:07 GMT
Hi All,
I am using lucene to index large documents(HTML pages). The application is
running on JBoss and MySQL on UNIX. The indexing is throwing OutOfMemory
errors beyond a certain point. I am not sure why this is happening. I am
using the default IndexWriter properties, but the lucene documentation
mentions about setting the max field length on the IndexWriter to some
optimum value for large documents. Is anyone aware of any optimum settings
for maxFieldLength, mergeFactor, minMergeDoc and maxMergeDoc?
Thanks,
Harini