lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harini Raghavan" <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:05:43 GMT
Hi All,
I am quite new to Lucene and I have problem with locking. I have a
MessageDrivenBean that sends messages to my Lucene indexer whenever there is
a  new database update. The indexer updates the index incrementally . Below
is the code fragment in the indexer method that gets invoked by the MDB
listener.

 public void addDocument(Document doc) {
     String indexLoc = luceneConfig.getIndexDir();
     IndexWriter writer = getIndexWriter(indexLoc, false);
     try{
          writer.addDocument(doc);
     } catch(IOException e) {
            logger.error("IOException occurred in addDocument()");
     } catch(Exception e) {
            logger.error("Exception occurred in addDocument()");
     } finally {
            try {
                writer.close();
           } catch(IOException e){
    }
}

The incremental update works fine twice and the third time it throws the
following exception :

java.io.IOException: Index locked for write: Lock@C:\tmpIndex\write.lock
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
at lucene.LuceneActions.getIndexWriter(LuceneActions.java:151)
at lucene.LuceneActions.addDocument(LuceneActions.java:43)
at index.IndexServiceImpl.addData(IndexServiceImpl.java:63)
at index.IndexServiceImpl.addToIndex(IndexServiceImpl.java:28)

The Index Writer is created every time and also closed in the finally block.
Should I be doing something else?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Harini