lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject About the field of PhraseQuery
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:27:31 GMT
hi,

I spent an hour today to make my field-name feed correctly into my
phrase-query. A ridiculous bug of mine. Debugging experience seemed to
indicate that the field was the field of the first term sent.

But it struck me that the word field simply does not appear in the
javadoc of PhraseQuery (only as javadoc field!) whereas I would feel it
much more natural than a PhraseQuery be constructed or set to a
field-name than that it would take Terms instead of tokens...

Or is there something I did not understand ?
PhraseQuery certainly does not match several fields simultaneously, or ?

paul