lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo <lorenzo.visca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search clusters
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:33:26 GMT
First, thanks for your reply.
I was wondering about adding some extra clustering functionalities to
Lucene. I wrote a clustering engine, based on hac/ahc and k-means algorithms
based on Lucene search results. That work is based on a customized solution,
and so I decided to write some general code . Right now I'm looking at this
class com/mwroblewski/carrot/filter/ahcfilter/AHCFilter from carrot2 and
found it to be very similar to my work;-)
My aim is to provide some basic clustering functionalities to lucene search
results. Carrot2 offers a lot of functionalities, like many inputs, I'm just
trying to offer a simpler (much simpler!) clustering opportunity for lucene
users.
Hope I can get some good advices from you!
ciao,
Lorenzo