lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo <lorenzo.visca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search clusters
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:19:54 GMT
My approach uses the same technique, but I'm using mostly HAG clustering.
I did manage to add clustering support to a lucene based application (a
customized solution), but I'd like to try to create a 'general purpose'
library. I know it ain't easy!
I've found many scaling issues, but I saw that with an optimized algorithms
you can have pretty good results. Reading a carrot2 and lucene related
messages, I figured out that I can cluster only the n first results,
avoiding any performance issue in that way.
Lucene offers a good support to a clustering framework, based on a tf idf
analysis (not thinking of k-means or EM 'til now).
The most interesting problem is creating the architecture for such a system,
being general purpose but also very efficient.
Thanks,
Lorenzo