lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@connected.com>
Subject Re: document ids in "cached" in Hits and index merge
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:12:29 GMT

As long as you use the same Searcher object, you shouldn't see document
ids changing.

When you open a searcher you get a consistent view of the segments that
existed at the time. Merging creates new segments which you won't see
until you create a new searcher.

In short, retrieving hits while indexing and merging works correctly, no
surprises.

B.