lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yousef Ourabi <your...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration Strategies
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:36:27 GMT
Hello:
I have a couple of quesitons on configuration strategies. I have a
project where I have to deal with changing search requirements, for
example one search may want to use term-vectors to find "keywords like
this" or whatever, and the next may not.

Another requirement is that when I call a "shutdown" call, the current
settings are saved to an xml file, so that the nex time the main
SearchFacade class is started it re-reads this file and picks-up where
it left off.

How have other lucene users dealt with this? Thanks for any input.

Best,
Yousef