lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Determining the IDF while searching for documents
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:31:52 GMT
: ...to get the number of docs that contain a specific term, you can use
: IndexReader.docFreq(Term)

: That's not possible, because my indexelements are trigrams, so with
: IndexReader.docFreq(trigram) I get the number of docs which contain this
: trigram, but I need the number of docs that contain a whole term.

just becuase you search on a field that contains terms which are trigrams
doesn't mean you can also have a field which contains the orriginal raw
terms, and use that ield to determine the docFreq of each "Term".

-Hoss