lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Updating documents
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 06:25:20 GMT

: When I do this all fields that were indexed and/or tokenized but not
: stored get lost.
:
: So is there any way to preserve fields that were not stored?
: Reconstructing these fields is to expensive in my application.

"preserving" those fields is pretty much the oposite of "not storing"
them.

i think some people have discussed the idea of using the term vector info
to reconstruct the token stream to recreate a doc with identical
properties from a search perspective, but in general, the most straight
forward way to achieve what you want is to store every field.

-Hoss