lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Fastest way to fetch N documents with unique keys within large numbers of indexes..
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:49:53 GMT

I haven't profiled either of thse suggestions but:

1) have you tried constructing a BooleanQuery of all 10-20 terms? Is the
   total time to execute the search, and access each Hit slower then your
   termDocs approach?

2) have you tried sorting your terms first, then opening a TermDocs on the
   first one, and seeking to each of the remaining terms?  it seems like
   that would be faster then opening a new TermDocs for each Term.

: The problem is that this doesn't work very fast either.  This is not an
: academic debate as I've put the system in a profiler and Lucene is the
: top bottleneck (by far).

The tricky thing about profiling code: something is allways the bottleneck.

-Hoss