lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: No.of Files in Directory
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 06:23:08 GMT
Hi

Apologies.....

With my Experience of Lucene since 2004,I can say that u need to update the
Index Once in a day (rather then doing it for every upload),But if u'r
requirement say's u have to make the Doc avaliable on the run then u may do
so.....

with regards
Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: bib_lucene bib [mailto:bib_lucene@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:37 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: No.of Files in Directory

Hi All

In my webapp i have people uploading their documents. My server is
windows/tomcat. I am thinking there will be a limit on the no of files in a
directory. Typically apllication users will load 3-5 page word docs.

1. How does one design the system such that there will not be any problem as
the users keep uploading their files, even if a million files are reached.
2. Is there a sample application that does this.
3. Should I have lucene update index after each upload or should I do it
like once a day.

Thanks
Bib