lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robichaud, Jean-Philippe" <Jean-Philippe.Robich...@scansoft.com>
Subject Getting the "directory/location" of an IndexReader/IndexWriter
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:53:33 GMT
Hi Everyone.

I'm currently in a situation where I have multiples indexSearcher opened at
the same, each on different indices.  They are kept inside a
"IndicesManager" that export getSearcherAtLocation/FreeSearcher method. I
would like to be able to log the "path" used by a searcher I'm about to
"close" from the FreeSearcher method.  Is that possible without keeping an
external hash ?  I don't see any "getDirectoryName" in the definition of
IndexReader/IndexWriter.  I know that the "location" of a Lucene index is
quite abstract (db, ram, filesystem), but still, it would be good to have
some kind of a trace, no?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jp