lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: IndexHTML.java location
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:22:22 GMT
Brian,

The Lucene demo web application is a basic and woefully under-
achieving example of Lucene.  My recommendation is to dig under the
covers a bit deeper and tweak the code to suit your needs, or simply
borrow enough pieces to learn the API usage.  There is very little
actual Lucene-using code under the covers of the demo, and the bulk
of most Lucene-using projects is in the code and interface specific
to the application rather than in interacting with Lucene.

     Erik