lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: proximity search not working when extending the QueryParser
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:40:23 GMT
Ross - could you please show us a bit of your code so we can see
explicitly what you're doing and how it's not working as expected?
set/getPhraseSlop are quite straightforward, so unless you're mixing
up the static versus instance parse methods with QueryParser then I
don't know what could be wrong at this point.

On Jun 27, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Angelov, Rossen wrote:

> When I'm using the QueryParser directly, the proximity search works
> fine and
> getPhraseSlop() returns the correct slop int.
> The problem is when I extend QueryParser. When extending it,
> getPhraseSlop
> always returns the default value - 0. It's like setPhraseSlop is never
> called.
> Does anybody know if I have to parse the query, get the slop number
> and
> explicitly call setPhraseSlop to have the proximity working or
> there is a
> completely different way of doing it when extending the QueryParser?
> Thanks,
> Ross
> "This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
> confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message