lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter T. Brown" <pe...@flippyhead.com>
Subject Re: Cannot search on plain numbers
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:48:07 GMT
Thank You. I've re-read the FAQ and I think I've got a better understanding
of how I am confused. Presently I am using this arrangement to get my
analyzer:

    public static class DefaultAnalyzer extends Analyzer {
            LetterTokenizer tokenizer = new LetterTokenizer(reader);
            TokenStream result = null;
            result = new LowerCaseFilter(tokenizer);
            result = new StopFilter(result,
StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS);
            result = new PorterStemFilter(result);

            return result;
        }
    }

However, for reasons I do not yet understand, it filters out search on plain
numbers. How can I modify this to keep the benefits of the filters currently
in use but also search on plain numbers?

Thanks again