lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Question on lucene sandbox highlighter
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:57:33 GMT

On Jun 10, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Terence Lai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a couple questions regarding to the Highlighter.
>
> Question 1:
> ===========
> I download the highlighter source files. When I compile the code, I
> got the following error:
>
> ----------------
> org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/TokenSources.java [19:1] cannot
> resolve symbol
> symbol  : class TermVectorOffsetInfo
> location: package index
> import org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorOffsetInfo;
> ----------------
>
> Note that I have lucene 1.4.2 jar file in my class path. However,
> it does not have org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorOffsetInfo. Does
> anyone know whether I am missing some other jar files?

The latest Highlighter source code is now specific to the TRUNK of
the core Lucene API (which will be Lucene 1.9/2.0).  You will need to
pull a previous version somehow (I'm not sure if the Subversion
repository for contrib goes back that far or you'll need to get at
the CVS attic for jakarta-lucene-sandbox).

You can get a binary of a 1.4 compatible Highlighter JAR from the
source code that comes with Lucene in Action at http://
www.lucenebook.com

     Erik