lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject document score modification on the fly?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:51:18 GMT
Hi!

I have a problem regarding the integration of a PageRank score to the existing TF.IDF based
one provided by lucene. I already have a database with PageRank values, but where should I
start integration? I have a pretty simple setup, only very few fields (all but two unstored).
Can I use the HitCollector? Or do I have to extend Similarity? The thing is that I need to
access one field in the doc to get the PageRank value out of the database...
By the way, efficiency is not an issue, this is more of a proof of concept.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

PS: I tried to look into Nutch for this, but I didn't recognize much from Lucene there...