lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Schinz <...@schinz.de>
Subject getting text-snippets
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:41:39 GMT
hi there!

first of all: im new here in the list, my name is uli. hello to all !

im quite new in using lucene. i created different indices, some with
GermanAnalyzer some with StandardAnalyzer...
i added Fields to my Documents with doc.add(Field.Text("contents",new
FileReader(f)); and doc.add(Field.Keyword
("filename",g.getCanonicalPath());

in the search i getresults with doc.get("filename"), where i get the
right filenames, containing search-query.
if i try to get doc.get("contents"); nothig is returned...

aim is: i wanna get the filename to generate link on top of an
result. after i'd like to have an text-snipped, where the query-term
in this document occured. just like google or some other search-
engines... i have seen this in nutch as well... so it should be
possible, but im not sure, how i can get these text-snippets...

maybe someone can give me some hints, how to manage that.

thx in advance,

regards,
uli