lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Atteneder" <MA2...@gmx.de>
Subject Updateing Documents:
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:42:34 GMT
I am looking for a SearchEngine for our Intranet and so i deal with Lucene.
I  have read the FAQ and some Postings and i got first experiences with it
and now i have some questions.
1. Is lucene a suitable SearchEngine for a Intranetsearch? I've experienced
with poi and pdfbox for indexing Word/Excel/PDF files.
2. Files are changing frequently, so the indexing should run at least daily.
Is there a possibility out of the box to delete changed files from the index
and readd them to the index? I've read that documents only can be deleted if
you know the ID of the document in the index and that could change after a
optimization of the index. Is there a "best practice" for that? I thind a
full indexing every day is not a good solution because of the datavolume.
3. Does anyone know a project based on lucene that offers a complete
solution for a Intranetsearch?

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++