lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jian chen <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Span query performance issue
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:26:01 GMT
Hi,

I think Span query in general should do more work than simple Phrase
query. Phrase query, in its simplest form, should just try to find all
terms that are adjacent to each other. Meanwhile, Span query does not
necessary be adjacent to each other, but, with other words in between.

Therefore, I think Span query deserves to be slower than Phrase query.
This said, Span query is way more powerful than Phrase query.

Jian