lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SF.net search system
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:37:51 GMT
How is your crawler is done?
I saw SF.net searches several types of documents, like "People",
"Freshmeet.net", "Site Doc". Are they all from database?

A little bit marketing here:
I am working on an off-the-shelf product called DBSight. It's
basically Database+Lucene+Query Display. It can do most of the things
you mentioned(no offense to your great work). And it is scalable to
enterprise level database. Basically it can be attached to any
database and create a search engine rapidly.

It can even support subscriber(s)+publisher mode. So instead of a
powerful machine, you can use several ordinary computer to create a
search farm.

Configurations, inlucding Analyzers, are configurable through web UI.

check out this demo:
http://search.dbsight.com

Chris Lu