lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: lucene query
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:06:50 GMT
'not treating xml file as text file' is quite fuzzy it doesn't say how
you treat the files that you wish to perform retrieval on.
It may be of interest to you that I am in the process of allowing
search for mathematical formulae based on lucene-index built from OMDoc
encoded documents (an XML syntax extending OpenMath). There, the XML
nature is tokenized appropriately so that we can match formulae. I can
manage to search sin(X) where X can be any sub-term, I cannot, yet
search with joins, i.e. search terms such as f(A,B)=f(B,A) where the
first and second occurrences of A and B are equal XML trees.

But maybe there's something else in your XML that you wish to
retrieve...

paul