lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From George Abraham <george.abraham.li...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:20:43 GMT
Hi,
I am using Lucene to index database content. I have two questions:

1. Along with some of the fields that I want indexed, there are some
fields that I want stored (not indexed) in the index so as to return
with hits. However I also want to be able to sort a search result
using these non-indexed fields. Which method should I use in the Field
class then?
2. As is usual with some database content, sometimes fields that have
to be indexed turn out to be null. Using the Keyword method, the
indexing procedure gives me an error that 'value cannot be null'. How
do I then go about this?

Thanks,
George