lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben <newread...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene in clustered environment (Tomcat)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:07:24 GMT
> When you say your cluster is on a single machine, do you mean that you have multiple webservers
on the same machine all of which search a single Lucene index?

Yes, this is my case.

> Do you use Lucene as your persistent store or do you have a DB back there?

I use Lucene to search for data stored in a PostgreSQL server.

> what is your current update/delete strategy because real time inserts from the webservers
directly to the index will not work because you can't have multiple writers.

I have to do this in real time, what are the available solutions? My
application has the ability to do batch update/delete to a Lucene
index but I would like to do this in real time.

One solution I am thinking is to have each cluster has it own index
and use parallel search. This makes my application even more complex.

> I strongly recommend Quartz, it's rock solid and really versatile.

I am using Quartz, it is really great and supports cluster.

Thanks,
Ben