lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Need a way to set a result limit on a particular field
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:58:11 GMT

On Jun 14, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Jay Hill wrote:
> I have a need to limit my Hits returned based on one of the indexed
> fields. This is a web application and we want to limit the number of
> hits from any one host. We have a field named "host_id" and I'd like
> to be able to limit my results to no more than three results for any
> one host_id.

I may not be fully understanding your question, but I'll go with my
assumptions... wrap the users query into a BooleanQuery as a required
clause and then add another clause with a TermQuery for the specific
host_id.  Then simply constrain the number of Hits shown to the first
3.  Does that do what you're after?

     Erik