lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: querying multiple fields
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:34:07 GMT

On Jun 22, 2005, at 2:02 PM, George Abraham wrote:

> Erik,
> That worked like a charm. It seems to me that reading up on the
> different analyzers would solve a lot of questions in my mind.

It would solve a lot of folks questions!  I find the analysis part of
Lucene fascinating.  The really interesting thing is that its
actually quite simple, yet packs a lot of power.  What makes a word a
"word" (or term, in the Lucene sense) - that is quite a fun
rhetorical question to ask.  This is why I strongly advocate the use
of the AnalyzerDemo from the Lucene in Action source code, or some
variant thereof (like Luke's capability to do the same sort of
thing).  Visually seeing what comes out of the analysis process for
sample strings is really eye opening.

> Unfortunately your book has not arrived yet from Amazon. Aarrgh!

Wow, they're slow... 'cause I know you ordered it back in December
when it was released :))

Don't forget that you can get the book from Manning (www.manning.com)
in e-book form and have the hard-copy of it as well.

     Erik