lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: TooManyClauses in BooleanQuery
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:42:13 GMT

On Jun 13, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Harald Stowasser wrote:

> Harald Stowasser schrieb:
>
> P.S.
> I tried now to use DateFilter. This works, but is very slow on longer
> Date-Ranges. (30sec. )

Filters in general were meant for one-time creation and caching.  If
the date ranges are fixed and the index not being updated, then
DateFilters will work fine as you only create each filter once.  If
the index updates, thats ok, as you can simply reinstantiate the
filters when that occurs.

My recommendation is for you to consider using YYYYMMDD format for
your dates to begin with, but I'd like to see more about the range of
dates that you're indexing and what kind of ranges you need to
accommodate for searching.

     Erik