lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Angelov, Rossen" <Rossen.Ange...@SourceMedia.com>
Subject proximity search not working when extending the QueryParser
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:06:28 GMT
When I'm using the QueryParser directly, the proximity search works fine and
getPhraseSlop() returns the correct slop int.

The problem is when I extend QueryParser. When extending it, getPhraseSlop
always returns the default value - 0. It's like setPhraseSlop is never
called.

Does anybody know if I have to parse the query, get the slop number and
explicitly call setPhraseSlop to have the proximity working or there is a
completely different way of doing it when extending the QueryParser?

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution."