lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Does highlighter highlight phrases only?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:35:13 GMT
Hi Erik,
Yes I was thinking that code could form the basis of a new highlighter.

I've just attached a QuerySpansExtractor to the bugzilla entry for the
new highlighter. This class produces Spans from queries other than
SpanXxxxQueries eg phrase, term and booleans.
I'm thinking you can throw the text to be highligted  as a single doc
into a MemIndex , extracts the spans using the QuerySpansExtractor and
the  MemIndex's reader (need to expose a getReader method on this - I'm
working on it), then use some new highlighting logic on the Spans.

Sound reasonable?