lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sergeev Alexey" <alexs-...@yandex.ru>
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:37:30 GMT
I am building the same index using different ways:
1) Whole index at once;
2) Step by step and then merging all parts together;

When I compare index files I see that they have different sizes, that's why I'm not sure whether
indexes has the same content or I've made any mistake in my index building logic or not.

So, the questions are:
- Should the both indexes be equal (the same file amount and sizes)?
- Does anyone know the best way how to compare content of two indexs for equality? (may be
already existed tool or only manual checking of all documents, terms and so on using Lucene
api)