lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Pimley <peter.pim...@semantico.com>
Subject Re: Indexing puncutation
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:50:07 GMT

I'm not sure how useful this reply is, but hey ;)

<aol>me too!</aol>

I do a vaguely similar thing;  I have to strip accents from characters
such as e-acute out of both my input data and my incoming search queries
to put them into a standard form.  I do this with a custom TokenFilter
subclass.  I have an analyzer that includes this filter along with some
of the standard ones (LowercaseFilter, etc).  I run the same analyzer on
indexing and searching, which has been discussed in other posts.

My point is that I'm happy with this approach and I'd recommend you do a
similar thing, at least as a first attempt.

Cheers,
Peter Pimley