lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <fu...@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject Re: Indexing Forums (Document & Field Paradigm)
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:09:58 GMT
You could have a parentId field in each document - which will give you a
nice hierarchy.  You could also create a topicId (Linux, Microsoft,
etc...) and a storyId.  At that point you can quickly identify the topic
and story for the message - and you can also search within a specific
thread (AND parentId=X)  or a particular topic, or a particular story.